The purpose of HAI is:
- To enhance recovery from sexual addiction,
- To refer requests for help to SAA members, which provides the opportunity for members to do Twelve Step work,
- To provide shared and coordinated resources,
- To extend resources to individual SAA members and groups in the Houston and surrounding area, and
- To provide outreach to the addict who still suffers.
These purposes are achieved through the actions of volunteers and voluntary contributions of SAA members and groups.
The basis of all policies, practices, and authority in the HAI is the twelve traditions of SAA as they have been adapted
The HAI business meeting is held on the first Sunday of each month, unless it falls on a celebrated weekend. This meeting is open to all representive members of Houston Area groups. All groups are encouraged to send a representative.